Meeting related updates
As of October 1, stricter COVID-19 regulations will apply in Vienna. For events with 500 or more persons, a "2G regulation" will apply: only fully vaccinated or recovered persons will be admitted. In all areas where the "3G rule" previously applied, including events with 26 to 500 people and in restaurants, only PCR tests, proof of vaccination or proof of recovery will be accepted from October. Antigen tests will no longer be accepted.
Prerequisites for meetings, trade fairs and congresses as of October 1:
- Registration obligation from 100 persons
- Entry tests following three statuses PCR-tested, recovered or vaccinated (referred to in Vienna as the "2.5Gs") are obligatory for events with 26 to 500 persons.
- For events with 500 or more persons, the "2G rule" (vaccinated, recovered) applies.
- If proof is provided in accordance with the "2G" or "2.5G regulation", there is no legal obligation to wear a mask. However, special contractual agreements are possible.
- A notification is compulsory for meetings from 100 persons, an official permit is required for events with 500 persons or more.
- A prevention concept and the appointment of a COVID-19 representative are obligatory from 100 participants.
More information can be found in our FAQs.
Valid entry tests or evidence of low epidemiological risk are:
- Negative PCR test, validity: 48 hours
- Proof of vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine against COVID-19 (Biontec/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson). The proof of vaccination for fully vaccinated people is valid for 360 days from the date of the second vaccination (at least 14 days must pass between the frist and second vaccination). Vaccines for which only one vaccination is scheduled are valid for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination beginning on the 22nd day after vaccination. The vaccination for recovered individuals, who have been vaccinated once, is valid for 270 days from the date of vaccination. Booster vaccinations are valid for 360 days from vaccination (interval from second vaccination or first vaccination for vaccines requiring only one vaccination must be at least 120 days).
- Proof of recovery by an official discharge certificate (valid for 6 months), a medical confirmation of a prior infection confirmed by means of a molecular test (valid for 6 months) or a positive test for neutralizing antibodies (valid for 3 months)
From October 1, Guests are admitted to restaurants if they are vaccinated, PCR-tested, or recovered ("2.5 regulation"). Registration is compulsory. Operators must appoint a COVID-19 representative and present a COVID-19 prevention concept.
For overnight stays in the hotels registration is mandatory, access only for vaccinated, tested or recovered persons. Negative antigen tests from a test lane, pharmacy, etc., are accepted from internaional guests in hotels only and have a validity of 24 hours.
Guests can also take advantage of Vienna's testing options, you can find details about all the possibilities here.
Latest Covid-19 information on travelling to or staying in Vienna can be found on our B2C website.
Further information (in German):
- The entire Austrian federal government regulation as of August 20, 2021 and the latest amendments as of September 14, 2021
- The Vienna COVID-19 Opening Accompanying Ordinance 2021 and the latest amendments as of September 16, 2021
- Detailed guidelines from the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection
- An overview from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism and information on the Safe Hospitality website
- Information on current regulations and restrictions of the City of Vienna