Reaching the event venue quickly and easily & environmentally friendly transportation:
- Would the participants consider CO2 compensation if they arrive by plane? Is the venue easy to access with public transportation and would the participants use a city bike to reach the venue?
- Are the participants sufficiently informed about the above-mentioned possibilities?
- Are there hotels near the venue which are certified with the Austrian Ecolabel?
- Are the hotels you work with informed about sustainable and environmentally friendly strategies?
Meetings held the environmentally friendly way:
- Is the venue certified with the Austrian Ecolabel?
- Does it have an environment strategy?
- Do you avoid garbage by using reusable dishes instead of plastic dishes?
- Do you try to reduce printed matter or do you print on environmentally friendly paper?
- Do you use reusable name tags?
- Is your promotional material made of environmentally friendly material?
Healthy food for the mind:
- Is your catering certified with the Austrian Ecolabel?
- Is Vienna tap water offered which comes directly from the Alps?
- Does the catering partner prepare regional dishes and beverages as well as typical Viennese dishes?
- Does the catering partner avoid garbage and try to reduce cutlery?
Taking (social) initiative:
- Is there a balanced ratio of male and female speakers?
- Are there special offers for students?
- Does the events programme include regional nature or cultural highlights?
- Do you assist participants with a handicap?